Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Spring Has Sprung - Pals Blog Hop March 2016


Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for March 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring Spring and Spring related projects. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.




















Happy Spring was a fun card to make. I started with a Soft Suede card base. Then, a layer of Elegant Eggplant. I stamped the flowers from the Helping Me Grow stamp set onto Very Vanilla cardstock. I watercolored the flowers using Wisteria Wonder, Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi and Mossy Meadow reinkers and the AquaPainter filled with alcohol. Then sponged the background with Soft Sky, Wisteria Wonder, Rich Razzleberry and lots of Soft Suede ink. The sentiment, Happy Spring from the Crazy About You stamp set, was stamped in Soft Suede ink.

I had fun adding some paint splatters, using two paintbrushes and flicking the reinker colors on the cardstock. To complete my card I added a bit of Venetian Crochet Trim, a Linen Thread bow with an Antique Brad.

Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop! 
Blog Hop Line-up: 

16 comments:

  1. I love the detail you put into this very elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Pam, this card is truly stunning! I absolutely love it! The colors are soft and vintage - a true work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! I love vintage cards, but don't have a signature style (yet)! Much like music, love most all of it!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card, Pam! Love the background you created and the coloring on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tricia! I incorporated two of my favorite things in this card, watercolor and sponging!

      Delete
  4. Pretty card. Very soft on the eyes and love the stamp too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! I overlooked this stamp set in the beginning but can't wait to use more of the stamps in this set!

      Delete
  5. Pam... this is over the top beautiful. My kinda card! Thank you for the great inspiration and tips too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rae! It was so much fun to make and tried new things along the way!

      Delete
  6. The shading sets off your flowers perfectly. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! I love sponging cards and the depth of color you can achieve, fun to do!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful work. The coloring is exquisite and such a pretty palette for Spring. I also learned something new...never thought of using alcohol in the Aqua Painters. I am so intrigued. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shawn! The Aqua Painter filled with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. It works great with the reinkers or ink pad (palette).

      Delete