Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Watercolor Wings

I love Butterflies and this spring have added a Butterfly Box (hibernation box) to my garden. It is more of an ornamental statement but love the idea of a Butterfly Box.
I wish you could see this card in person, it shimmers! I stamped the background first and then stamped the Butterfly. I watercolored the butterfly a beautiful blue, which consists of Smoky Slate, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point. I embossed the edges with gold embossing powder and applied Wink of Stella shimmer. It is just gorgeous!
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you.


Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Falling Flowers, Watercolor Wings
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Shimmery White, Very Vanilla
Inks: Sahara Sand, StazOn Black, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, 
     Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, VersaMark
Ribbon: ¼” Natural Ribbon - Gold Trim
Tools: Stampin’ Trimmer, Bone Folder, Paper Snips, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Spritzer, 
     Stamping Sponges
Other: Tombow Glue, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Gold Embossing Powder, 
     Wink-of-Stella (clear), Embossing Buddy, Embossing Tray (retired), 
     Silver Black Velvet, Round #4 watercolor brush

If you don't have a current Demonstrator, I would love to be your Demonstrator. Here is a link to my online store, http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/clearlysouthern/. Have a great day!



4 comments:

  1. Hello Pam: I'm here jumping from Mary Fish's blog, I always love her parade of cards.
    Yours just blew me away, I can't get over the gorgeous coloring and amazing detail of the gold embossing on this beautiful butterfly's wings, I have this set and I love it but I've never thought of embossing the detail on the wings like this.
    Love your card, it's stunningly gorgeous, thank you for the inspiration!!
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Maria! :)

      Delete